Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day!!! While some are in anticipation of the day, others absolutely dread it. When I was a child I loved Valentine’s Day, I got candy and cards from my classmates. In college I became one of the people who dreaded the day of love. I only didn’t like it because I was single. I remember junior year in college Christina and myself hiding in my car because we didn't want to be seen dateless on Valentine's day ha ha.
Now, I love Valentine’s Day! Yes, I’m single but that’s no reason not to enjoy myself. You see Vday is a day dedicated to love and there are plenty of people I love (family and friends). So I decided to write this guide for single girls who don’t know what to do on Valentine’s Day:
1. Hangout with your other single friends- You are not the only single person alive, so why not do something fun with your single gals.
2. Throw a party/Go to a Party- Who doesn’t like a good party?! If none of your friends are throwing a party, you should throw a party…singles only of course.
3. Watch Romantic Movies – call your best single gal pal over and park on the couch. I recommend ‘Something’s Gotta Give’, great romantic comedy, not your typical sappy love story.
4. Go on a blind date- Have someone you trust to play matchmaker, who knows you might have a good time.
5. Treat yourself- I don’t know about you all but I LIKE MYSELF…and I like spending time with myself. Why not treat yourself to that new restaurant you’ve wanted to try or a nice relaxing spa day. You deserve it!
6. Be thankful! - Be thankful that you are alive with a host of family and friends who love you! Most importantly be thankful that you don’t have to share the remote and can go to sleep in the middle of the bed lol
Remember that Valentine’s Day is all about love…so make sure you tell your loved ones what they mean to you. What are your plans for Valentine's Day? Do share. XOXO -Angelle
Post a Comment